How Interior Decorations Protect Your Property from Criminals
Aside from food, water and shelter, the human person seeks protection. Humans naturally want to have a sense of security. By sense of security, we want to be able to monitor all activities and directions and feel safe, keeping our homes and workplaces away from criminal activities. Well, do you know how interior decorations protect your property from criminals?
While preparing to design our homes, we majorly have beauty and arrangement in mind. Moving forward, probably after reading this article, you will find out that the choice of interior decorations protects your property from criminals.
Here is how:
- Protective door – before we get down to talking about bringing in beautiful vases, the first thing you should do is to secure your door. What is the need of having an adorable apartment if burglars can casually stroll in and get it destroyed in seconds? So, check out all the door exteriors and ensure that their frame is strong with well-protected hinges. If it is the case of moving into a new apartment, then you should ensure that you change the lock. You can always boost your security by installing video door bells, and if you have that extra change then you can go for a high-tech solution and install a door sensor or glass break sensor. No price is too much to pay provided you are keeping criminals or burglars far away from your home.
- Put enough outdoor lighting – relax, we will still get inside your house. Now let’s take a quick walk around your surroundings. Are your pathways, front and back yards, garages, and all outdoor structures well lighted? No matter how bold burglars and criminals claim to be, they detest being in the spotlight. A simple way of keeping them away from your beautiful home is to have enough lighting on those pathways. You can either use solar-powered lights, smart outlets, or even smart light bulbs.
- Reduce chances of hideouts – no doubts that having trees and shrubs may add a beautiful view, but they can also serve as a hideout for burglars. In other to be more protected especially now that theft is becoming the order of the day, you can consider trimming down trees and plants that are very close to your home. Keep the trees looking short, they would still beautify your home. Also ensure that you keep away everything that can grant burglars quick access into your home like stools, and ladders.
- Store things away neatly – we have finally gotten into your home. When you store and arrange your properties neatly and in order, you are the only one that can easily navigate through them. It will take an average robber a while to find whatever he or she is looking for. The simpler everything looks; the more difficulty and frustration criminals are likely to get. No one searches the top of a seat or table; they simply see it right? Well, what if I tell you, you can get a table that looks that simple, but has a storage space inside it, only to be seen by actually pressing a side of the table? What about a seat that is a table, or a table that is a bed? This help reduces the use of space and still hides things criminals may never figure out.
- Put vital things into a safe – most times thieves come to steal with vital properties in mind. It is your responsibility to make things hard for them by putting them all away in a safe. You can get a well-painted iron protector around your televisions or even generators. Your important documents and properties can be stored away in a neat and beautiful safe. No sane burglar will want to spend hours trying different locks, even if they try, there are chances that you will walk in on them. But be careful here, as you may provoke such a thief to take rash action. We do not want that, right?
- Install security cameras – as common as this sounds, a reminder won’t hurt. In a case when the burglar eventually succeeds, you can trace them and make reports. Your security camera can easily help them be detected and apprehended.
Home decoration is encompassing and you have the primary responsibility of securing your home and keeping them safe and away from burglars. By securing your door, adding enough light, reducing hideouts, storing things neatly, putting vital things in a safe and installing security cameras, you are steps away from total protection.